Friday, October 1, 2010

Log - 2010/10/01

First off, I've felt really pumped and energetic all day.  This feeling needs to continue.

This morning, after my first (and only) [real] class of the day, I went to the gym to get my daily dose of racquetball practice in.  I brought my headphones and phone with me today, and listened to Pandora the whole time, and it made the 45 minutes go by extremely fast, I thought I had only been played for about 15, even though I was so exhausted.

I found that I was a lot more consistent with my playing today, which is good.  Consistency has always been my problem in tennis, and it's been a problem in racquetball as well.  This daily practice seems to be helping a lot.

After my lab, I went back to the gym to get some lifting in.  Since I didn't feel that yesterday's lifting really did much for me (really, I was just pumped and wanted to train lower body again), I did basically the same workout.

Squats: 5x5 with 135lbs (focusing on really pushing out of the hole, going for speed on each lift, really got my heart pumping)
Rack Pulls: 3x5 with 225lbs
Rack Pulls: 1x8 with225lbs (used straps for this one, my hands were tired. The straps allowed me to really pull with all I had and get a few more reps out)

Excited to see what next week holds for my training.

No comments: