Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Past Week in Review

Sorry for not getting any updates posted last week, forgot about the fact that I'm supposed to be updating this blog again.

Anyways...

Last week:

Monday: Racquetball
Tuesday: Weight Lifting
Wednesday: Racquetball
Thursday: Weight Lifting

I don't remember exactly what I lifted, I know I did squats on Tuesday, and I did some upper body stuff on Thursday. Memory's hazy.

Anyways, Today is Tuesday!

Yesterday (Monday, just in case you're lost already) I played racquetball in class, for about 45 minutes.

Today, in weight lifting, the area that the instructor wanted us to work on was out core. He talked about the core for about 50% of the class time, so we didn't get as much time in for actual lifting as I would have liked. I think he's a little too fixated on the core. Anyways, the workout:

Planks - 5 for 45-60 seconds each
Deadlifts - 5x6 with 135lbs.

I alternated planks and deadlifts. I don't typically do direct ab work, since I don't typically do direct anything work, as I'd rather do compound movements and get more bang for my buck, but the planks did their job. The great thing about planks is I can do them anywhere, just like pushups, which I love doing.

On to various injuries, ailments, etc...

My shoulder hasn't been bothering me much at all over the past week, which is really nice. Other than that, not much to report on that front.

In other news, I haven't been really congested, but I'm feeling just a tiny bit congested and such. Hoping I'm not coming down with something, because quite a few people around here have gotten colds, and I don't want to be sick.

No comments: