Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Getting Back Into a Rhythym

A common theme around my training blog seems to be departing from blogging and taking the time off of my training as well. This trend continued the last time I stopped blogging when Torture Training was hosted elsewhere.

Since the last time I blogged many things have changed, I've gained a lot of weight, lost a lot of muscle mass, and ended up a lot more busy with a lot less free time. Compound that with not working at the gym anymore, and well, I just haven't had an excuse to blog about my training, since it was nonexistent.

I'm working to change this though! This semester/year one of my new years resolutions was to get my health back under control. Last semester my health and everything else seemed to deteriorate at the same time. I have a workout partner this time around, so he's keeping me motivated, and I just got fed up with getting out of breath climbing the stairs to my room.

We're only on our second week of working out so far, but I feel we're off to a good start. I haven't kept track of weight or sets/reps the past three workouts, but here's a general rundown of where we stand:


Last Tuesday:
Workout consisted of squats and calf raises. This pretty much wore us out and we couldn't do any more, though we did manage about a half mile on the track after this.

Last Thursday:
Workout consisted of lat pulldowns followed by overhead presses. I preceded the workout with a mile walking the track, while my partner played racquetball.

This Past Tuesday:
Played racquetball for the first time, we were going to follow this with deadlifts, but the combination of various joints of mine acting up and the gym being so busy kept that from happening. Instead we walked about 3/4 of a mile then did some light lower back work on a machine.

No comments: