Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Workout Post #2

Last thursday I did go in for my workout, and did lats, biceps, traps, lower back, hamstrings. Basically combined my thursday and friday workouts into one. I don't remember my exact stats, except that I pulled 175 in deadlift for 5x5.

Monday I went in and did 5x5 squats below parallel with 135 lbs. That's all I had time for, but I used a slow tempo, and a pause at the bottom, and felt it the next day.

I moved tuesday's workout to today, and here's how that went:

5x5 Overhead press - 85 lbs.

5x5 Incline press - 105 lbs.

5x10 dumbbell squeeze press (5 reps with dumbbells parallel to me, 5 perpendicular) - 25 lbs. db's

2x10 Tricep pushdown - 50 lbs.

5x5 incline lateral raises - 15 lbs. db's

I pulled off the Overhead presses this time without any trouble at all, not sure if it was tips from Mehdi, or if my shoulders just got stronger, probably a combination of both, with a lot of kudos to his posts on the subject. In addition, I added 10 pounds to the incline press (still getting used to the motion, but it's coming back). All in all, I think this was a better rounded program for the muscles I was trying to hit, but it still needs a little tweaking.